Brother Printers are Laser Printers. Laser ones can dish out high quality print outs even at a faster speed than inkjets. In a working environment, generally these are in demand. Generally, they are used for document printing. One of the key components that enable high quality laser control prints are the printer drum unit.
Drum unit is its primary part as it has the role of attracting the toner particles by way on electrostatic polarities. It is also known as image units. The design of the drum varies depending on the printer model and brand.
When to clean it?
If you notice blotches and tracks on your hard copy or printouts in your office, then it is the time for you to clean or replace your printer. It is necessary to clean it at intervals to maintain a good life of your printer. Drum controls the major unit of your laser printer as it transfers the soft copy on the hard copy producing the final output. Proper care needs to be taken to clean the highly sensitive device.
Read and refer first the instructions on the manual. It may suggest you better.
If you need more help, then reach Brother Printer Customer Support for prompt reply.
Drum units are highly sensitive, so if you choose to clean it, be careful. Consult your printer’s manual before you do it, because different printers may suggest you to take your drum to get it cleaned, rather than doing it yourself.
1. Open the top cover of your printer.
2. After that, you need to take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly slowly and gently.
3. Push down the lock lever from the printer so that you can take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
4. Look at the surface of the drum roller and while looking, turn the drum unit gear by hand.
5. Wipe out the surface of the drum gently with a dry cotton swab. Do this activity until the dust of the glue on the surface comes off.
6. Put the parts back starting from putting the toner cartridge back into the drum until you hear it lock into place. If you put the cartridge in correctly, the lock lever on the unit will lift automatically.
7. Then, put back the toner cartridge and assembly back into the machine.
8. Close the top cover.
Moreover, if you found any hurdle while going through the method, go to Brother Printer Helpline Number 1-800-431-287 to get it resolved.